Preventative Dental Care
At The Szikman Dental Group, P.C., our Atlanta and Marietta dental team is able to correct dental flaws with many cosmetic procedures. But we strongly believe that it is just as important to provide patients with measures to prevent dental problems before the need for treatment.
Even though modern dentistry allows us to perform corrective procedures that would have been unthinkable to past generations of doctors and patients, our team at The Szikman Dental Group, P.C. never underestimates the importance of proper preventative care.
Take a minute of your time to set up your next dental visit.
Over 35 Years of Healthy Smiles
The first and most essential step to having a healthy set of teeth and gums is to prevent problems from arising in the first place. This is why we stress the importance of routine cleanings by our experienced staff. Although regular dental check-ups are important, the day-to-day care you give your teeth at home is absolutely priceless. At our office, we’ll not only give you a thorough cleaning, but also advise you on what you can do on your own to keep your teeth and gums in excellent condition.
Here are some great tips for maintaining a healthy and strong smile:
- Schedule regular cleanings with our specialists.
- After each cleaning, opt for additional fluoride treatments to maintain strong teeth.
- Brush three times a day with a fluoride toothpaste. This is especially important after eating!
- Floss regularly after meals to prevent food from harboring harmful bacteria between the teeth.
- Avoid soda, which is especially corrosive to tooth enamel and can aid in tooth decay and cavities.
- Avoid all tobacco products!
- Never hesitate to make an appointment for gum irritation or tooth sensitivity. Many problems can seem small at first, but actually be symptoms of a larger problem.
At The Szikman Dental Group, P.C., we want to do everything within our power to keep your teeth and gums healthy and beautiful. While you are in our care, we make sure to use only the most technologically-advanced tools and treatments to help to improve your individual dental condition. We also make it a point to thoroughly explain every process and procedure and regularly advise you on how to care for your smile.
Contact our dentists in Atlanta or Marietta today.
Maintaining healthy teeth and gums can be easy when you stick with a daily oral care regimen. Make sure you’re visiting our dentists at The Szikman Dental Group, P.C. regularly to ensure optimal results. Our team wants nothing more than for you to have a confident and radiant smile.